- The retina is like the film in a camera. It is the seeing tissue of the eye. When the focused light hits the retina, a picture is created & sent to the brain through the optic nerve (the nerve of the eye), thus giving us vision.
- Retinal diseases vary widely.
- Depending on the condition, treatment goals may be to stop or slow the disease & preserve, improve or restore your vision.
- Untreated, some retinal diseases can cause severe vision loss or blindness.
COMMON RETINAL DISEASES & CONDITIONS
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Retinal Vascular Occlusive Diseases
- Retinal Tears & Detachments
- Macular Holes
- Age – Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD)
- Hypertensive Retinopathy
- Vitreous Hemorrhage
- Retinitis Pigmentosa& Other Night – Blindness Disorders